Total Pageviews

Friday, March 15, 2013

Year and a half

Can't believe it's been about a year and a half since I actually wrote on here.  I am so bad about this.  I always promise to do better, but I know it won't happen.  Maybe this time?!?  LOL   Doubt it!

So much has happened since the last time I wrote (October 2011).  Britney graduated cosmetology school last June and is now working at a salon.  She has moved out now too.   My girl is all grown up.  Wow!
Ashley is in her 2nd year of college and is engaged!!  We are planning a wedding for September 2014.  Unbelievable.  Also all grown up!
Our oldest grandson, Gian will be 5 on Monday!  Branden will be 5 in June.  Tristan turned 3 in November. Nicco turned 3 in February and Neelie will be 2 in April!   They are all growing up so fast.

Since the last time I wrote, I became a facilitator for Tapestries of Hope (will be referred to from now on as TOH).  It has felt good to help others that have lost their Mom's over the last year or so.  I enjoy giving back and helping others.  
The loss of Mom still hurts and I have come to realize it always will.  I have good & bad days which will always be the case.  It was 7 years on February 19th that she has been gone now.  Can't believe it has been that long already.  Still feels like yesterday some days!

That past year or so has been quite a rollercoaster ride in so many ways.  There have been a lot of changes in our lives.   I am trying to accept that I do not always have control of things around me and I need to just let things be what they are.  Not an easy one for a control freak like me.  Well I am not a complete control freak, but I have major anxiety if things aren't just so.  I'm a planner and I like to know that things are organized & falling where they should.   I want to make sure my kids are on the right path, will be secure in their futures, etc.....  But I can not control everything so I need to let it go and just breathe.   There I go again, reminding myself to breathe!!

Well that is enough for now.  It was a little update at least.  I will do my best to post more often.  Shall see how that goes.  LOL

No comments: