Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mid December Ramblings

I haven't written in awhile, so figured I should at least post an update of sorts.

Santa Breakfast is finally over and I am breathing again. Stress has been lifted. Yay!! It was a huge success. Biggest one to date. I am very relieved it went as well as it did! Christmas parade was the same night, so that was a very busy, exhausting day!

I have basically finished my Christmas shopping now, thankfully. I actually finished wrapping this morning too. Spent several hours doing it, but at least it's done! WooHoo!!!!

Next on my agenda is writing out my food list for Christmas dinner. Will pick up everything this weekend. We will have a full house as usual for Christmas! I don't mind though. I prefer staying home for Christmas. Christmas is not the same without Mom, but I am doing my best this year to make it better than it has been the last couple of years. I even decorated more than I have been again. Of course, the outside isn't decorated as much as usual though and I'm bummed about that. Pat handles the outside and he put up all he felt like putting up. I wanted more, but what can ya do?!? There are a couple of houses down the street that are sooooo lit up. I love the look of them and wish we would do the same. Maybe some year coming up we will go overboard once Gian & Branden are a bit older and really can enjoy Christmas! :)

I have to find time to get over to my grandmom's to put her tree up. We put it up every year for her but things are soooo hectic that we have not had time to do it. I wish someone else would step in once in awhile with it. I live the furthest away and have very active kids, but still I am the one to find the time to do it for her. Sigh.... Anyway, probably will get over there either tomorrow or Friday evening to do it.

Ashley had her HOP last weekend. She looked beautiful! Britney did her hair and makeup for her and it turned out really nice! They are both growing up so fast. We are in the process of getting things together for Ashley's Sweet 16 on the 29th! So glad that Cheryl is helping me with Ashley's, like she did with Britney's last year. It really helps! :)

Well, I guess I'm off again. I should do some baking, but have to see what I have in the kitchen for it all. LOL I admit that I am not in the baking mood at all, so we shall see!

No comments: