Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Think before you speak!

I am wondering if some people just do not think before they speak (or type when it comes to the internet). A couple of days ago something was said to me that pretty much made me say "What the hell?!?". The more I think about it, the more I do think it was probably meant to be funny or a joke, but it just was not that way to me. Either I need to grow some very thick skin and not let things bother me, or people seriously need to think before they speak or type! I am always so careful when it comes to things like that. I never like to offend or hurt people, but it seems so many just do not care if they do it to others. It is very sad, actually. :(

On a much better note, the sun is shining again. Yay!! It is supposed to be in the high 40's today and then the next couple of days in the 60's. It's definitely a spring tease and then I'm sure we will be back to reality of winter again. I am definitely ready for spring though and so ready for February to be over.

3 more days until the 5th anniversary of Mom's passing. A very sad time. I try so hard to not let it affect me, but the reality of it is, I am affected every single day of my life by Mom's death.
It sucks! :( I cope, but it still hurts like hell!

We are still on the hunt for a new car for Ashley. There is just nothing reasonably priced out there that is in decent condition. Unbelievable what some people want for cars that have super high mileage on them already. I guess everyone is just out to get as much money as possible in this economy. Can't see how most are actually selling their cars though at this rate. I know I wouldn't pay too much for a vehicle that already has like 200,000 miles on it. Crazy! Ha Ha

I am still looking for the patience that I seem to lack these days. Not sure though if it's really me or if others just try my patience too much making me feel as if I have very little these days. Ok, probably a combination of both. I am always a person that puts up with so much though before I reach a breaking point. For some situations, I feel I am at that breaking point though. But, I will continue to try to find my patience instead of allowing myself to be broken. Some people tell me I am just too nice for my own good. Although, I have always felt being good was an excellent trait. These days I am seeing that being too good may not be as it tends to make people walk all over you just because they know they can! Ugh!!! Just not sure I am the kind that can have the F You attitude. Ha Ha Ha!!!! Sometimes wish I was though.

I am noticing that my entries here tend to jump all over the place. Is that a bad thing? Does it mean that I can't concentrate on one thing at a time. Probably, but guess that is me these days. I really wish I could come to my blog with one solid topic in mind and just write about that. It just rarely works out that way, even though I tend to start the blog with one thing in mind. Today it was thinking before you speak or type. Then again, I guess there is only so much you can say about that subject. Some people will never think before they speak or type. Some people just do not have it in them to worry about how their words could affect others. I am actually thankful that I am the kind of person that does try my hardest to take others into consideration before I say or type something. I credit that trait to my Mom. She was a peacemaker and such a sweet, nice woman. I don't think my Mom could have ever hurt a fly (ok, maybe a fly, but let's admit that they are kind of disgusting). Ha Ha!!! I am very proud to be a lot like my Mom. Hopefully I got the best traits from both of my parents to make me who I am today. Although Dad would say that the things I did get from him aren't exactly great things to have. hahaha

Anyway, to sum this all up. People, think before you speak or type please. You never know what your words could do to someone (good & bad). Hurtful things can really make a person sad and ruin what was a good day. Kind words are always so much better as those can actually brighten a person's day. Afterall, would you rather be the kind to brighten or dampen a person's day? Your answer to that question definitely helps define your true character!!!




No comments: