Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Working on ME!

I am working on ME for a change.  Doesn't happen often, but right now it's necessary.   I am trying to get healthy.  I haven't cared much about that over the years.  Honestly, haven't cared at all about that since losing Mom 5 years ago.  I am realizing though that it's necessary if I want to be around to see my grandkids grow up.  Although, Mom was pretty healthy and still never got to see her grandkids grow up.   :(     Hoping it will be different for me.  

I began a diet plan a few weeks ago.  In the first two weeks, I lost almost 9.6 pounds.  Hoping I can keep this up as I have a long way to go and I know it!   I have now begun implementing some regular exercise in as well.  I personally hate regimented exercise, but I know it's part of getting healthy.

I am also attempting to stress a bit less.  I will admit though that I'm not very good at that.  I have always been one to stress and worry over everything.   Very hard, at my age, to change the way I have always been.   But, I am working hard to relax a bit more.  I am also one of those people that is very organized with most things and any time I run into a situation that is not well organized and planned, it drives me crazy.   I need to realize that the reality of life is just that it's not always the way I expect it to be.

There is so much coming up here.  We are a month away from Ashley's graduation from high school.  So hard to believe that she is going to be a college student soon!   I have her party to plan and then a week after that one I am having a party of my own here.   What was I thinking??  Ha ha.    I wasn't, I'm sure.

So, hoping this new plan to work on ME will turn out good and will last.  I know it's about time that I do more for myself as it has never been about me and always about my family & kids.  I guess taking a little bit of time for myself isn't something I should feel bad about.  

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Not bad at all! It will make you even stronger and healthier for *them in the end!

Anonymous said...

It's a necessary and good thing, Kim, to take care of yourself! We have not only the right, but the responsibility, to be healthy. And being healthy can lead to much more happiness. You're doing so beautifully-you and Cheryl are inspirations to us all-

Kim said...

Thank you Tammy & Alison! I'm doing my best. :)

Nancy said...

Good for you Kim! Any help or support I can give, let me know.

My Bit of Earth said...

You go, Kim! Call me the next time you want to do some organized exercise and I 'll come on over - like in a week WHEN I RECOVER!!! Love ya.

My Bit of Earth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.