Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Perspective

Sometimes it takes something major to put things into perspective for people.   I just had my eyes opened or re-opened.   I have been stressing most of the day today filling out financial forms and things like that for Ashley's college.   I gave myself a migraine over the stress & worry of it all.   But now I sit here thinking "how silly is that?".    There is so much worse in the world.  How can I allow something so minor to become such a major source of stress for me??   I am dieting and miserable..... but again, how can I allow this to make me miserable?

A friend from my childhood is battling for her life.  She is battling to be able to watch her two beautiful daughters grow up.  She has been writing some very insightful things and I can't help but feel awful that I have allowed silly little things stress me out.   I take so much for granted and was reminded by her writings that I should not do that.  It's unacceptable!    I need to do better.  I need to be better.

I mourn the loss of my Mom every single day.  Even that seems so minor on days like this.  My Mom got to see me grow up, get married, have children of my own.  Some people don't even get that much in life.  What if I had lost my Mom when I was just a little girl?!?   I am so grateful that I had my Mom for 36 years!  It is better than only a few or none at all!    Now, I am not saying that I won't ever mourn my Mom again after this. Of course I will.  I will still have those horrible moments of missing her terribly and being angry that she is not here to watch my girls becoming adults, marrying, having babies, etc....  But, at the end of the day, I must be grateful for the time and relationship that we did have.   Mom was my best friend.  We shared everything.  I have no regrets when it comes to our relationship and I am so thankful for that!  I couldn't have changed one thing or done it differently.  She knows how much I loved and love her still.  She knows that she was my best friend and that all we shared meant the world to me!  At the end of the day, that is what I can be happy for.

My advice for the day.... don't take what you have for granted.  Hug your loved ones a little tighter.  Take time to enjoy the little things in life.  Don't brush someone or something off with the the thought that you will get to it another day.  Another day may not come.  Smile more and frown less!  Enjoy the life you have been given as you never know when that life can be changed or taken away!

It's all a matter of perspective......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to ALL of that!