Total Pageviews

Friday, September 19, 2008

Competition season start





Well, tomorrow is the opening of another band competition season for us! Lots of mixed feelings this year about it all. Hoping they will do great, but have my doubts at this point. Colorguard just finished learning their work on Thursday night finally and their uniforms haven't even come in!!! So, I rushed around this week and made the girls tshirts to wear with their jazz pants at least for this weekend. They came out pretty cute, but they certainly are not uniforms! Ugh!!


We will start our day tomorrow with a parade in the morning. Competition is at night and is an hour or so away. We go on a little before 7, but the competition doesn't get over until 10 or later. So, figuring that we won't be home before midnight. Will be a long day for sure!


I try really hard to get into it all, but there is alway something missing! Today is 2 years and 7 months since Mom's passing! Still not easier and each thing I go to without her is still very hard! She loved band competitions when I was in them and couldn't wait until the girls were old enough to be in colorguard and other high school things. Well, she didn't wait for that to happen before leaving us. :(


Anyway, enough of that! Gets old, I know! So, I am sitting here in my craft room waiting for Ashley to get home. Brit came in awhile ago from JD's. Ashley is at our local fair/township day. She sent a text saying that she would be home soon. Sure hope so! But, since I'm sitting in my craft room I will honor Tammy's request and add some pictures of it in this post! LOL
Well, added pictures, but they went to the top of the post. Guess it doesn't matter. Have to figure this thing out some day so I can put pictures where I want them. LOL

I guess it's time to get off of here. While waiting for the pictures to upload, I got a headache. I think someone's trying to tell me to get off the computer!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Oh, I LOVE it!! Very "you"!! I am so happy for you and I'd be like you where I went there to escape! My family may never see me again! LOL