Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The last few days

So much has been going on. What a busy weekend and beginning to the week we are having here.

Saturday the band had a parade in the morning and then their first competition in the evening. I will admit to being very skeptical about the band's ability this year to pull off a win. Happy to report they proved me very wrong and not only did they win their group, but also was less than two points away for the overall at the competition. Second only to a much bigger group 3 band. We are group 1. We also found out since then that we are the band to beat at this point as we are the highest scoring group 1 band in the state as of right now. It's a lot of pressure on the kids now to stay on track. Hope they can do it. They are all awesome kids!!

Today I had to run my Dad to pick up his new Harley trike. It's pretty neat. He is loving his new toys, but I honestly feel they are just a substitute for him or something to try to take him mind off of Mom. He misses her so much. Everytime I am with him alone now, he does talk about her a little bit here and there and I can tell he is really hurting. He asked me today if I wanted all of her snow globes that he has sitting out on a table in his dining room. I don't know where I will put them all, but of course I want them! If it was Mom's, I want it!! Being with him is painful at times because after I always go through my own emotions of missing her. On my way home from dropping him off I passed the big corn maze that we did with her a couple of years and now that it's that time again, the memories hurt. I remember her, me and the girls getting lost in the maze the one year. We laughed and laughed so much. A laugh I will never again be able to share with her. So much is missing without her....
Ok, enough of that crap again. I swear anyone reading this will get tired of hearing about my mother!!

Back to today. So, Ashley went to a friend's after school to work on homework and stuff. Pat, Brit & I went to Saladworks for dinner. Yum! Nothing like a good salad! After that we dropped Brit off at band practice and headed to the shore. Branden is in the hospital so we went to spend some time with him, Chrissy & John. The poor little thing is so congested. He was happy to see us though and was smiling and talking up a storm. Such a sweet little angel! He just turned 3 months on the 17th. After our visit we stopped at Starbucks where I got a pumpkin spice latte. Yum!!! Then picked Ashley up at her friends and headed to the school to wait for band practice to get done at 9:30. We got home at 10 and now everyone, but me is in bed! Then again, what is new, right?!? Even when I'm in bed, I only take tiny little cat naps! It's going on midnight and I do need to attempt to go to sleep since I do get up around 5:30 with the girls! I miss summer already!! Those early mornings suck!

School is going well as far as I know so far for both. We shall see when progress reports come out in a couple of weeks. Both girls signed up for PSAT's yesterday as well. They are in October. Hope they both do well on those. I personally hate standardized tests like that. I think they are ridiculous and truly mean nothing. If a kid is having a bad day then obviously they can't do well on that one day test! Ugh!!!

Okay, enough babbling... I'm going to bed! Goodnight

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I never tire of hearing about your mom. I often feel the urge to do a "memory share" of Nathan to keep his memory fresh for me. But like you, I worry about others reading my blog who may not want/need to hear it. Maybe though sharing some memories of happier times would be good for everyone instead of wallowing in the grief...I don't know.

Kim said...

Thank you Tammy! I never tire of hearing about Nathan either! :)

Mama said...

I'm glad the swap guided me to your blog. I have enjoyed reading about your children and your life. I have especially appreciated however the honesty of your grief. It's so hard that society expects us to move on an invisible grief timeline. I lost my daughter Megan May 16, 2002 when she was 11 weeks old. We never stop grieving it just changes. Please don't stop talking about her!

Angie
CaramiaGirl@yahoo.com