Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness

As bad as I was feeling last night, I feel that much better today. It is shocking what a small gesture of kindness can do to a person's mood for the day.

I was out of the house bright and early this morning and at Shoprite by 8am. I had a few things to pick up that turned into $60 worth! LOL I never go in and get just what I went for. LOL So, on my way home I decided to run through the McDonald's drive through and grab an egg mcmuffin for something different. I get up to the window to pay and the guy proceeds to tell me that the guy in front of me paid for mine too?!? I was dumbfounded. I said "you're kidding, right?" to the guy at the window and he assured me that he was not. I did not even know the person in front of me. All I know was that it was some guy in a white pick up truck. He didn't stop or slow down to wait for me to thank him or anything. It was just a random act of kindness and it made my day completely. I know $2 for breakfast isn't a huge deal, but the fact that some stranger would just do that for no reason has put a new perspective on my day. I was feeling so down and low when I left the house this morning. In Shoprite I felt myself tearing up for no apparent reason as I walked around. It was like this guy knew that I was down and needed a boost today and his act did that for me. Now, I need to pay it forward and definitely plan to do something for someone else first chance I get! :)

There is hope in this world still! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kim, that's really cool!