Total Pageviews

Friday, October 24, 2008

Random, smokey Friday thoughts

I have a migraine from all of the smoke in the air today! It's horrible. Forest fire has been burning for about 4 days now in the area. The girls' school was closed today due to the bad air quality here. It smells worse today than it has in the past days. I think the wind has shifted and it's now heading this direction! The joys of living in the woods! Ugh!! The house is all closed up, but I still smell it! There is supposed to be a home football game tonight, but not sure yet what will happen with that. I certainly don't see how they could make them play in that smoke! Still waiting to hear.

We are expecting horrible weather tomorrow. It should help with the fire, hopefully. But, it has made our championships scheduled for Giants Stadium to be moved to Sunday instead and now at a different location since the NFL plays on Sunday at the stadium. Sunday is supposed to be nicer though, so it's best. Times got changed around though, so now the kids have to be at the school by 6:30am on Sunday as busses are leaving at 7. We perform at 11 and our awards are at 3:15. It's about a 2 hour drive to the school it's being held at. Hope we do well. We are going in pretty much as top seat, but I looked at the schedule and they have us going first. I hate first! LOL

I feel so bad for Ashley. One of her friends, was hit by a truck last night while riding on a quad. It was actually two of her friends. The one boy was up and walking around and just hurt his arm, but the other boy had to be flown out and she said he wasn't moving at all. Yes, she was there right after the accident since it was only one road over! As far as I know, she hasn't heard anything about him yet today. She was pretty upset most of the night, so I was actually glad when school was canceled. I doubt she got much sleep, unfortunately!

Well, guess I'm going for now since I seem to be coughing up a lung now! Ugh, this smoke!!! :(

1 comment:

My Bit of Earth said...

Hope Ahley's friend is O.K. I am coughing my lungs out, also. Stayed home from the football game as I figured dealing with the smog in Union will be enough of a challenge. Smell of smoke horrid this morning - I woke up sick, but went to work thinking I would feel better further away from the smell. I felt better by 3 p.m. just in time to drive home!